Saturday, May 7, 2011

Home Preschool - Week 16 - Letter W


Letter of the Week: May 2 – 6
Letter of the Week: W
Verse: 1 John 4:19 “We love him because he first loved us.”
Bible Story: My ABC Bible Verses
Circle Time Rhyme:
Circle Time Song: Jesus loves me
Monday: Letter Activity - Do-a-dot (glitter glue with q-tips), Whale/tissue paper craft
Caroline: AM: HWT
Charlotte: HWT coloring
Tuesday: Hooked on Phonics - Letter W Cut & Paste
Caroline : HOP
Charlotte:
HOP expansion (optional)
Wednesday: BSF - BSF
Thursday: Math, Science, etc. - Window craft idea from http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/search/label/Letter%20Ww
Caroline:
Charlotte:
Friday: Arts and Crafts -
Caroline:
Baskets: 1 -
Baskets: 2 -
Baskets: 3 -
Baskets: 4 -

I don't know if anyone can tell, but I've been starting to slack on some of our school stuff. I haven't been updating their baskets lately, but they haven't seemed to notice.

We practiced handwriting on the Aqua Doodle and Caroline helped me in the kitchen by cutting up green onions with her scissors.




I have a whale shaped notepad that I've had since before Caroline was born, so we used it to do a craft and then to practice our W's. Caroline seems to think they are so fun to write that she doesn't know when to stop. "Down-up, down-up" we say, but there always ends up being another down and up before she's done.





I'm getting creative in my effort to work on handwriting, we used dry erase markers to write the alphabet on the backdoor window.
And my best handwriting idea to date has been our reading journal. I really wanted to get Caroline writing things freehand (ie. not tracing handwriting worksheets), so I made her a deal. First, she reads a book. Then she writes the title all by herself in the journal. Then she dictates what the story is about and I write it for her. I told her that if she got five then she could pick a prize like going to get ice cream or a dollar store toy. Well, in just two days, she'd journaled five books.




Kevin said I aimed too low, but regardless, we had a mommy/daugther date to get ice cream at McDonalds that Saturday. Our next goal is ten entries to have movie night with mommy (isn't she sweet).

0 comments: