Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bedtime

Caroline has a new bedtime routine that we've been working really hard on. This is what happened at bedtime tonight.

Caroline held up and counted on four fingers (I have no idea where she learned that one because it isn't something I do)..

"You close my door, just a little bit. Then you go out.
I stay in my bed. Then I get a smiley face."

Our latest compromise is leaving her bathroom door open a crack and our current reward system, which is a castle that I made with an raisin canister on each side - one has a smiley face and cinderella stickers inside, the other lid has a sad face and nothing inside.


I told her that she was absolutely right. That's exactly what we should do. And boy did I have a smile on my face.

Here's a fun pic from last month...

Okay, so she won't be getting a smiley face in the morning because she got up, broke something that her friend broke an hour ago, and came to the door to tell me she broke it. A perfectly good bedtime ruined with a spank. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

0 comments: