Monday, August 3, 2009

7 Years!!

Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary.

It feels like the years are starting to fly by. I told Kevin on our anniversary dinner that we don't look as old as I thought we would 7 years ago... ha ha. We went out to dinner at The Melting Pot on Saturday while my mom babysat the girls. We've never been there and had a really good time (although, we thought cooking our own meat was a lot of work).

I sometimes wonder how much I really knew Kevin when we got married. What did I really know back then anyway? It's so hard to remember what was running through my head.
Did I know that Kevin would make me a better person? More patient? More laid back? Wiser?
Did I know how like minded we would be? About decisions? About parenting?
Did I know all the things we'd make it through together? Infertility? Moves? Job changes? Job loss?
Did I know how funny we'd be together? That I'd adopt his sense of humor, getting a kick out of making a joke the way he would - before he would? Playing our silly TV game of guessing the plot and thus "winning the show?"
Did I know I'd still be learning new things about Kevin.... like, that he can scrapbook!!





Happy Anniversary Kevin!! I'm still so in love with you!!

3 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Awww..ya'll still look great!

Kelly Mc said...

Congratulations to you both! :)

Christie+Sam said...

What a great post! I love it! I always think how little we really know about each other and our future when we get married. Now I want to make a picture page of all the years!!!