Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seasonal items

Don't miss out on the seasonal items in stores this time of year. And think ahead... even though your child might not be ready for them now, they might be in 6 months.

One item is sand toys. Sandboxes are year round fun in Texas, but you can't get the tools all year long.

Also, school supplies such as glue, scissors (especially the safety kind are hard to find year round), and water colors. I got a 12 pack of "disappearing purple" glue sticks for $3.88 at Wal-mart (which will last me 3 years), and white glue for 0.20. I don't know exact prices, but I'm sure they cost way more than that when I bought some this spring.


Look for clearance for pool items too, such as swim diapers, toys, and the next size/level in flotation devices.

3 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Smart woman!

Sarah said...

Thanks! Good idea!

Michelle said...

I love how you are just always planning and thinking ahead! You amaze me.