Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Over the river and through the woods

Well, we are off to see family for Thanksgiving today. As you can see, I'm procrastinating packing while Kevin and Caroline watch her morning cartoon.

I let it slip while talking to a grown-up last week that we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, so we've been hearing about our trip for days from Caroline.

When we were outside raking yesterday, I think she thought we were waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to get to our house.


Caroline has been making sure that we'd be taking all the essentials...
"Take Mickey"
"Take paci"
"Take blankie"
Kevin says that late last night she even said "Take Mommy."

I got her box of car toys out and let her repack it. She put all her disney characters and blanket in there... which we had to get back out for naptime/bedtime. It was fun watching her pack and then move the box all around upstairs and tell me it was "heavy."

Kevin also taught Caroline to say "Tuesday." She learned that we were going to Grandma's on Tuesday and when she went to bed last night, she knew the morning would be Tuesday.

This post will probably only be interesting to my parents, but there you have it folks. Happy Turkey Day!!

I posted all of Caroline's Thanksgiving crafts from my "lesson plans." We even made the obligatory "pine cone turkey." We made it with my friend from South America and her twins. I'm sure she thought I was nuts making a pine cone turkey, but I assured her that her American husband would get it. It was a lot harder to get the "feathers" to stick than I remember. I did the head/neck and feet during my craft prep time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love stories of children and packing! :) Has she gotten to that stage yet where she repacks for you? That's always such fun!

Hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving! :)