Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update on my Grandma(s)

My Grandma Betty that I've been posting about is finally home. She went home last week after a week or so in he hospital and then several weeks in rehab at a nursing home - four weeks in all. She is still regaining her strength, but is able to be back on her own. My mom stocked her fridge with dinners before coming to visit me and my aunts have been in and out helping out too.

You can also pray for my Grandma Bernice. Her mobility is getting really limited. I was sad to see how slow she was walking when they came to see me last week. My mom suspects that this is caused by a neurological condition (there are reasons I won't bore you with), but we've been unable to get her doctor to refer her to a neurologist. Pray that we'll be able to get a referral.

My Grandpa Max takes such good care of her. We should all be so blessed to have a spouse love us this much and I love my grandpa so much more for seeing him serve her. Pray that he'll be able to continue to care for her in their home.

Here is a picture of Caroline pulling up on my grandma's walker on Monday... we found it so ironic.

0 comments: