Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crib sheets

What is the only thing harder to get on than your pre-pregnancy jeans?

Crib sheets!! They sure make those boogers tight.

As chance would have it, I changed Caroline's sheets yesterday, thinking "Gee, it's been awhile since she's had any accidents in bed, I'd better get around to changing these, just for the sake of changing them." So, I peeled off the old sheet and after lots of yanking and tugging, put the spare sheet on. Thankfully, our crib is light and on wheels so I can drag it out of the corner. Anyway, the old sheet is in the washing machine today and what do you think happens? Leaky diaper at your service.

So, I get the old sheet into the dryer so I can put it back on before Caroline's next nap. More yanking and tugging and we are back to the old sheet in the crib so Caroline can sleep peacefully and dry.

I know it's a safety thing, but maybe they make them so tight so you get a good work out changing them. Hmmm, I wonder how many calories I just burned?

(photo from 5/10/07)

0 comments: