Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 25 In Review

Letter P is for Popsicles (since we used the Pumpkins in October).
Bible Verse: "Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God." Ps 147:1
Song: Doxology: Praise God from whom all blessings flow





Shelf: Pop beads, Popsicle shape puzzle, Popsicle stick color matching, Popsicle number clip cards, Popsicle patterns, and Mr. Potato head

One of Caroline's math lessons this week was to put numbers 1-50 in the right order.  I have a box of old scrapbook squares and circles, so I numbered them 1-50 and let her draw them at random and place them in the right order.  She did very well at the task.  When it's on a worksheet, I've noticed her have a little more trouble.


I love modifying a lesson so a preschooler and follow along and do something similar.  Charlotte had shapes for 1-10 and she matched them up to the numbers on her paper.


Caroline turned this into a very active project.




We barely were able to squeeze our number line on the table, so we ended up gluing 1-10 on our strip before we were all done.

Playing with the Popsicle stick color matching game.  I saw this on Pinterest a long time ago and saved up the idea.



Caroline created a worksheet for Charlotte this week.  I think Caroline ended up filling in most of the answers for her before it was all over.  Charlotte is tracing a line in the first picture.



The girls were playing with their balancing clown this week and were able to get all the cylinders on without knocking him over.  I wonder if the plastic box we were using for our table had anything to do with our success.  Caroline wanted me to get my camera and document their accomplishment.


We were on the tail end of boughts of sickness for both the girls, so a walk outside was in order.  I think the girls are so cute in their braids, with their baby dolls in strollers, and wearing new summer outfits.




0 comments: