Thursday, December 29, 2011

12 week ultrasound pictures

One thing that I looked forward to all through Christmas was that my 12 week ultrasound was right afterwards.    Everything looked great and our due date of July 10th was spot on.

Charlotte has been very into the pictures.  I had them in my purse for awhile and then on the fridge where the girls could see.  Sometimes Charlotte asks me to put them back in my purse, and then she'll want them out again.

A couple weeks later, we had a little boy over to play and as soon as we brought him in the house, she wanted to get in my purse.  I knew exactly why.  I gave her the pictures and she got a magnet and put them on the fridge to show her friend.  It just melts my heart.  She's about a year older than Caroline when we did this with Charlotte's pictures, so it's interesting to see the difference.

And Caroline gets everything even more this time around.  Although for some reason she only babytalks "baby" and points to my stomach when she wants to acknowledge that we are pregnant.  I can tell she is going to be a big helper though.

One morning, I overheard Charlotte wake up on the monitor and fuss for some covers.  Caroline very sweetly was trying to help her.  I heard her say, "Can Caroline help you?" and Charlotte indicated that she wanted mommy.  Then Caroline replied that mommy needed her rest because it was a lot of work growing a baby in her tummy and tried to persuade Charlotte to accept some sisterly help.  Too bad it didn't work in the end and I came to the rescue.



1 comments:

melanie said...

Congratulations on baby #3 Margaret! That is so wonderful! I will be excited to hear the updates at BSF. Thanks again for being such a helpful resource for me!