Friday, November 11, 2011

Week 12 in review

We covered the letter I for week 12.  I think the girls weren't very into their do-a-dot I picture so I guess that's why it's not on the end of the week bulletin board picture.



Verse: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
Song: Lord I Lift Your Name on High
Rhyme: Itsy Bitsy Spider



We had Inchworms on the shelf this week.  We had: a magnetic fuzzy page, sorting by size, icecream come math game (for Caroline), inchworm/leaf counting, ice cube trays with wooden cubes, I spy game, and sorting I/i game.

Caroline had a jump start on our week.  Saturday I laminated some ice cream  cone cutouts and made math matching facts.  Then, because she was bored on Sunday, she ended up working on a clock worksheet that was something extra for our math lesson later in the week.



I'm always glad when the girls are happy to get things off the shelves to play with.  Here's our friend matching the inchworms to the leaves they've eaten.

Caroline made a pretty design with the magnetic fuzzies.

We studies the planets this week and it was a big hit.  Caroline learned a song from Spell Out Loud that lists the planets and has them all memorized now.  We also used some planet cut-outs from 1+1+1's solar system pack.  The highlight was that daddy took the kids on a walking tour down a long sidewalk in our neighborhood and drew the planets to scale with sidewalk chalk.



Charlotte working on coloring handprint turkeys while Caroline did some math.  We took them to the nursing home later in the week.



Working on counting in dimes and pennies.
Now it's Charlotte's turn to put magnetic fuzzies on the page.

Charlotte hears a lot about math... mostly from Caroline's complaining or because I tell her that I'll help her when I'm done with Caroline's math lesson, so lately she wants in on the action too.

0 comments: