Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grammar Girl

Caroline is my little "grammar girl" these days.

A week ago, she was listing off the fruit of the spirit to Granny.
"Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control. I didn't say 'and' because that's not a fruit of the spirit."

Then, today in the car, she was asking me to help look for her ballerina tutu. I told her that when we get home, "I'll look for you." To which she had a quirky comment that I wouldn't be looking for "her" but for "her tutu."

It's a good thing she's picking up on such things because Kevin is the grammar police in this household and I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm the one that has to teach grammar.

1 comments:

the_Tmac said...

that's funny! P is really hung up on adverbs. he never confuses "well" with "good" or "quickly" with "quick" - even if every other word in the sentence is jacked up, those HAVE to be right. they would be good pals.