Saturday, August 14, 2010

It seems like new things every day for Charlotte.

I noticed her setting the play table in Caroline's room with dishes and food this week. She likes to put out the two black bowls first. Then one day she added two matching tin cups and today she added two matching tin plates.

My mom was playing with the girls today and Charlotte would say "pray" and hold out her hand to pray with my mom and Caroline. They'd pray and then she'd repeat the process at least 10 times.

Charlotte has been saying "uh huh" as an affirmative response when we ask her questions. Today, I noticed her responding and excited "no" when I'd ask her a question. But I know that she means "yes" because they were all questions like, "Do you want a snack?" or "Do you want to go to the pool?" So, I guess we are back to what she did with head shaking instead of nodding... her "no" means "yes."

My mom and I took the girls to the splash pad and pool this evening while my dad and Kevin finished up Part II of our bathroom remodel. (Part I was last weekend - demo. Part II was this weekend - water damage repair, sheetrock, repositioning the drain, and mudding.) Anyway, Charlotte was not into the splash pad, so we took the girls over to the baby pool. Caroline kicked in the water and then, while I was holding onto Charlotte's hands, she pulled her legs up in the water and kicked too. It was funny to see her just hanging there and sprawling out her legs. Then, Caroline ran along the step that is on one side of the baby pool. And then, Charlotte stood up and walked back and forth along the step. Monkey see, monkey do.

0 comments: