Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where have I been?

Well, it feels like the last dozen days or so have been an out of body experience.

We started with a trip to College Station for Memorial day for the long weekend. Kevin's dad is home on R&R and we also included a side trip to Austin for a cousin's graduation party. It was a fun weekend, highlighted by Charlotte started to walk "for real" and the tons of fun Caroline had with her cousins in Grandad's huge, water slide pool.

Then, we were home for three days, regrouped, and headed back to College Station. We got to spend Friday with Kevin's folks again, while Kevin worked out of the College Station office and then we headed towards Fort Worth for my cousin's wedding. We got to meet up with my brother, niece, and nephew for dinner in Waco and caravan the rest of the way. One night in a hotel for that, a lovely wedding, and then Kevin, Charlotte, and I headed back to College Station to spend the night and pick up our dogs. Caroline headed home with my folks for her week with Grandma and Grandpa.

Sunday, Kevin and I were both awakened in the wee hours of the morning with a stomach bug. It's interesting that this is the second time in our marriage that something like that has hit us both within an hour of each other. Thankfully, we were with Kevin's parents, so they took care of Charlotte for us all day while we recovered.

Call us crazy, but we headed home on Sunday night. But just after midnight, I woke up with terrible shakes, a 105 temp, and signs of dehydration. So, we dropped Charlotte off with some friends and headed to the ER to get two bags of IV fluids.

I'm feeling better everyday, but I'm still operating at about 85%. I don't know why it wiped so much out of me. I'm just so thankful that I only have one little one to care for (and she takes two naps a day - yay) and that Kevin recovered quickly and has been so wonderful picking up my slack.

So, just in case you wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth... I'm still here : )

Pictures and "letters from Caroline" to come later.

2 comments:

Dillon, Emily, Micah and Naomi said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. Keep gettin' all the rest you can!

Carrie S. said...

Feel better!!