Saturday, February 20, 2010

Charlotte's party

We celebrated Charlotte's first birthday the weekend before her birthday with our close family. It was a really sweet day. Charlotte was more into opening and climbing onto her presents than I expected. She especially enjoyed sitting in the lid from a gift box.



Caroline helped me wrap presents and I let her wrap a package of Crayola Toodles all by herself. It was the first present that Charlotte picked up.









We had five nieces and nephews over and all the kids ate together in the nook. It was cute to see them all at their own table. Grandpa ate at the desk to watch over them. I made lasagna for lunch... a red, marinara one and a white, alfredo one. Yum!!

I made Charlotte's cake to match the slice of cake on her birthday dress... lemon cake, strawberry filling, white fondant, with matching fondant sprinkles.








Charlotte made less of a mess than I remember from Caroline. She gingerly picked at the cake and licked her hands. No big fistfuls. It was a really fun day. I can't believe it's been almost a year. She still seems like such a baby. I remember thinking Caroline was so grown up at one, but having a big sister to compare with, Charlotte still seems so young.


2 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Aww...Happy Birthday, Charlotte! Cute cake, Margaret!

Stacey B. said...

That is a beautiful cake!