Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas cookies

I saved all my holiday baking until the week of Christmas. Caroline and I made sugar cookies while Charlotte supervised from her Around-we-go. It's one of my favorite things to do before Christmas because I know it will be such a good memory for the girls spending time with me.
















My in-laws really liked my sugar cookie recipe. It's the kind that holds the exact shape you cut - no puffing or spreading. So here it is:
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
Chill batter to firm it, roll and cut dough. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.

It makes four cookie sheets full. I cheat and use a can of white frosting. I divide it into thirds and make three colors. One can is enough to do all my cookies with some left over.
Mom tip: If you use colored sugar sprinkles, tape over all but part of two holes so it won't pour out as fast.

0 comments: