Saturday, August 22, 2009

Caroline's first haircut

We just got back from getting Caroline's hair cut for the first time (besides the trims I've done on her bangs). I was going to wait until her birthday, but it's just looking so stringy these days.

We talked it up yesterday and then let her watch me cut Kevin's hair today. We talked about all the steps.

Before:


During:

She played just a bit in their play area at Cool Cuts 4 Kids and then announced "I'm ready to get my hair cut." Luckily, we didn't have to wait long.

She selected the yellow car to sit in and watched a Mickey Mouse movie. Though, the haircut was pretty quick and she barely got through the previews.

Our only problem occurred when they went to put the cape on her. They even call it a princess dress. I ended up holding her hand underneath and the crying stopped.

After:

Holding her first haircut certificate.



I'm excited to see how curly it will be after a full washing. They put a layer in the back so it will curl up more.

0 comments: