Monday, July 13, 2009

Prince Charming

Kevin made a mix CD to help with some of Caroline's bedtime troubles. It has "Amazing Grace" and "Never say never" - the favorites I talked about last week - and at the end is "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

That's the song she wanted in the car today and for naptime, so it was no surprise that it was the book she picked out to read for naptime too.

On the page when Cinderella was dancing with the prince, Caroline pointed to the prince and said "that's her Daddy."


After I fought my gut instinct to correct her, my heart just welled up. Oh, the days when a little girl thinks her dad is prince charming. Kevin is so lucky!! I hope I remember this story on her wedding day.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww that is adorable. :)

Nalley Family said...

That is super sweet!!