Friday, February 6, 2009

Nesting

I've been nesting my entire pregnancy, but as my due date draws near... three weeks, can you believe it... the nesting is increasing.

The last couple weeks, I have re-laundered every possible baby item. Towels, blankets, car seat, swing and bouncer inserts, clothes, burp cloths, sleep positioner... you name it.

I vacuumed under the fridge one day. And the back corner of my laundry closet where dryer lint collects.

Yesterday, I refolded all of the kids' linen closet... because I was putting away the washed baby towels (see above).

I'm resisting putting the baby toys back in our playtime baskets since I know they'll just get played with by Caroline and other curious little friends.

I made a list of Caroline's schedule for grandma and have "grandma's household cash" all ready for all those post baby purchases.

Did I ever mention that I got a new vacuum from my parents for an early birthday present? It works so much better than my old one and is probably the only reason I haven't steam cleaned the carpet in preparation.

I just have to make it past our post-Ike ceiling repair that is happening on Tuesday and then I think the house will be as ready as it can be.

2 comments:

Kristin Barnett said...

I can't believe it's so close! It doesn't seem that long ago that you announced your pregnancy...

Don't work too hard - you should rest while you can!

I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see what it will be, but I'm putting in my vote for another little girl - and I was right last time! :)

Anonymous said...

We have Ike ceiling repairs, too! We have an estimate, we just haven't gotten a weekend together where the guy can come out and fix it. I told S that it might just be easier if he is here while I am on maternity leave, so we don't have to take any days off during the week. So, we'll see.