Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We have a job!!

Sorry, I didn't update sooner...

Kevin accepted a Program Analyst position with Reynolds & Reynolds on Friday. He'll start this coming Monday.

Reynolds & Reynolds is actually the company we worked for when we met... it was called Universal Computer Systems then, and we were working in the College Station office. Its kind of funny how things come full circle.

We are so thankful to all of the people that helped Kevin in his job search... encouraging, networking, doing references, etc.

It's been three and a half months since Kevin has had to go into the office. Caroline and I have enjoyed having him home... although, he was putting in a good 30 hours towards job searching each week, so we didn't have him all to ourselves. I'm not looking forward to those last couple hours before Kevin gets home... they always seem to be the most trying. I'm sure it will take Caroline a little while to get used to Kevin not being here for breakfast and lunch and everything in between.

4 comments:

mindy said...

Great news!! What a blessing in these trying times!

Yes from 4:00 to 5:30 is the hardest time of the day for a stay at home mom!! Everyone is tired!!

Becky Perez said...

Another answered prayer!! Congratulations to you and kevin! I'm sure he's looking foward to his job and providing for his family.
Also, I'm glad to hear that other mom's struggle at the end of the day! I just told Daniel yesterday to set his watch alarm for 5:30 and pray for me! I guess I should pray for other mom's at that time of the day.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! I also struggle at the end of the day, but Tim works early hours so he's home by 4, so my "hard times" are earlier, lol.