Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And now for something more positive...

Caroline went down the spiral, tube slide at the park today. All by herself. Kevin took her down it a few times a week ago. She just crawled in today and before I knew it, I could hear her coming down. She did it at least a dozen times in a row. What a big girl!!

Also, Caroline has a memory verse from Eph 6:1. Our small group inspired Kevin to work on it with her. Any really neat trick that she learns that requires any amount of repetition or patience, I guarantee she learned it from Kevin. He's amazing!

Verse: Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right.
Caroline's verse: Children, 'bey... mommy... daddy... (and sometimes she throws in Caroline "Ta ta")... Lord... this... right.

Today, she spontaneously said it during lunch. She's such a smartie : )

I'll have to get it on video because it's so cute how she says "right" with such pride.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree! There's nothing I can think of that's more rewarding than when our kids do things that people who love God do, like memorize scripture or pray or act kind. Isn't it the best feeling!?

Andrea said...

That is so wonderful, I can't wait to see the video of it. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I didn't know that you are pregnant again...congrats! That is very exciting! Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl this time? Or have another surprise? Boys and Girls are both SO MUCH FUN! I added a few pics to my site...I'll add some more after Nathan gets home (in just a few weeks)!!!!