Saturday, August 23, 2008

What happened to Strawberry?

So, I was googling Strawberry Shortcake costumes to get an idea for Caroline's Halloween costume. I decided to play off of her red hair, since this is probably my last year to have all the input on her costume. I know I'm really early, but I was debating having my mom help me a bit with the sewing. Don't panic mom, I think I figured out a way that I can do it.

First, I'm really disappointed that almost all the online costumes are for a shirt and pants costume. I guess this is what Strawberry wears these days. She's a girl of the 21st century after all. But I'm bummed about the old prairie dress going away.



And second, I didn't realize that Strawberry Shortcake costumes come in a "sexy" version for grown ups. Hello?! What is sexy about Strawberry Shortcake? (I refuse to post a picture of this... just trust me.)

No worries though, I did find an inspiration. I think I may cheat and make a read skirt to go with a red onsie that we already have and then make the apron to tie it together. We'll see if I can make a hat or find the stripped tights.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That will be really cute. Oh! Madelyn has some striped tights!!!! Wanna borrow them?

Anonymous said...

That will be adorable! Love the dress - it's much cuter!

Kristin Barnett said...

That's going to be so cute with her red hair! Best of luck pulling it all together! I can't wait to see how it turns out!