Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The crib sheet debacle

The crib sheet debacle (it's so ironic that post was almost exactly a year ago) continues. I've been really lazy about washing Caroline's crib sheet lately because in the early days, we had enough mishaps that they were being changed out pretty often. So, I voluntarily changed Caroline's crib sheet this week and wouldn't you know, we had a minor accident on the brand new sheet!


Thankfully, I think I've gotten better at wrestling the mattress completely out of the crib and then replacing the sheet. Maybe the thanks goes to Fitness 19.







And does anyone out there know how to fold a crib sheet. I used to try, but today, I finally gave up and resorted to the "wrap-it-around-your-hand" technique.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's like a fitted sheet, then yes, I know how to fold them. My grandma taught me one time, and it just kind of stuck. Now I amaze my husband and friends. ;-)

I would attempt to explain - but that would be hard to do over email...I'll have to show you sometime. ;-)

Marianne said...

I used the Ultimate Crib Sheet. I have two of them and I switch them out ever so often. I also have a regular crib sheet underneath in case I get stuck between washings. It is just white, but that doesn't bother me. You don't have to take the bumper off or take the matress out. You just put on top and attach to railings with snaps. Here is the link on Babies R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267582

Sarah said...

So, I hate all fitted sheets, too!! They anger me to no end. I'd like all my sheets to be folded neatly and placed in the linen closet, but I've never been able to make that happen. Your post instilled in me a passion to find out!! Here's what I found from google. It's a regular fitted sheet, but I think it just might work with a crib sheet too :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/384148/fold_a_fitted_sheet_with_perfectly_squared_corners/

Margaret said...

Wow, I didn't know I'd spark so much interest : )

The video from Sarah is how I do our normal fitted sheets - although not quit as perfect ; )

The problem with the crib sheets is that they are elastic all the way around. I'll have to try it again though.

cristina said...

funny, i was just thinking of crib sheets and the advice i'd gotten long ago....not sure if this is what marianne was suggesting.

ultimate crib sheet? must be a new fancy thing i missed. :)

put on a sheet, put down a waterproof pad, then a second sheet....when the accident happens, likely in the middle of the night, you don't have to wrestle a sheet on.

as for folding, that video helps with managing thema bit better, i just end up rolling them once all the corners are together. *shrug*