Saturday, September 15, 2007

Family Circle

Caroline and I have been making the rounds this week. We started out visiting Kevin's family in College Station last weekend. We brought both cars, so Kevin could go back to Houston on Sunday (with the dogs - yay) and I went on to see my family for the week in Tyler on Monday. The three hour drive to Tyler from BCS is so much easier than the four hour drive from Houston. It is that last hour that usually gives us problems. Anyway, I had a nice visit with my family and saw all my grandparents, my aunt, and my cousin (who is about to deploy to Iraq - I'm so glad that it worked out that she was already home on leave). Then on Friday, I came back to College Station and met Kevin at his folks again. Kevin's dad does contract work in Iraq and has been home the past week on leave, so we wanted to be able to see him for both weekends.

Caroline has steadily improved her walking the past week. She's completely mastered standing up from the floor with no assistance. And she can resteady herself to keep from falling. She can probably walk a good ten feet or so when she isn't tired.

Caroline is also working on three new teeth... the top front two and then another next to her bottom front teeth. This explains why my last week in Houston was so rough.



(Breakfast at What-a-burger with my grandparents.)



(Practicing walking in my mom's kitchen.)



(Hanging out with my dad.)


(Kevin's parents with their three grandkids.)


(My little walker... I bought her shoes at Wal-mart this morning, but I don't think she likes walking in them.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's such a smiley baby! :-)

Shannon said...

I cannot believe that she will be one next month! I mean, I knew it was soon, but come on! I loved getting to hold her a bit on Sunday. She is a pumpkin and so smiley. It's obvious she knows that she is deeply loved. You're a good mommy, Margaret!