Sunday, September 30, 2007

Doing flips!

Caroline has a new talent. Flips. She doesn't actually complete the flip. She just gets into her pose and then I flip her legs over for her. It is so cute.

She used to get into this pose for no apparent reason. So one day I just started flipping her legs over. Now when I ask if she wants to "flip," she knows to get in the pose and we do it over and over again.


She also likes cuddling up next to Holly. I think they are best friends now. Caroline likes feeding both of the dogs her Cheerios or Puffs and they give each other kisses on the mouth... because they know it drives me crazy. There is a new team in town... Caroline and the dogs vs. Mommy.


Another new talent is throwing things at the floor. She started this tonight, throwing a plastic orange and peach. It's funny that she seems to want something in each hand to throw.

Walking is coming along great. I'd say that about 70% of the time, she walks. I've noticed that she's gotten really good at changing directions too. She wanders all over the downstairs now when I'm making dinner. I've had my first "where did she go" moment. Other times though, she clings to my leg through the entire process.

She's such an obedient little girl. Yes, I'm sure this will change. But, she has learned to help clean-up her toys and put them back in their basket. She will also walk to her high chair, bath, or changing table when I ask her too.

I also just discovered that I can put a few toys in her crib and it keeps her from being upset from the second she wakes up. And I found a bow that I can actually clip in her hair... what little of it she has...

1 comments:

cristina said...

according to my college roommate, the old wives' tale in puerto rico is that when a child starts doing
that, they want a sibling...

any puerto rican ancestors in the welch house? :)