Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mommy Lessons

On the way home from my OB appointment today, Caroline told me that she wanted me to give her "mommy lessons."

I told Caroline that when I had her fold kitchen towels and unload part of the dishwasher, that those were "mommy lessons" because those are things mommies do.

I asked her what else she wanted to know and she told me she wanted cooking lessons.  So, I let her set up the broccoli to steam for dinner tonight.

Anytime anyone asks Caroline what she wants to be when she grows up, she always says she wants to be a mommy.  I'm glad that she realizes what an important job being a mommy is.  I pray she'll always feel that way.  I have asked her a few times about other jobs that girls can do and she does realize, there are other (maybe, I should say additional) jobs out there.  After all, her pediatrician is a female.  

For now though, I think she's my little mommy in the making : )

1 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Mommies are supposed to cook? Opps..I missed out on that memo. LOL! I do do some of the laundry and the dishes, though! :-D

Caroline will be a great mommy since she has a great role model to learn from!