Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back

Well, I haven't posted in awhile because I've been sick. I've been sick for two weeks and according to my doctor, when I called today to say that I still wasn't feeling well, I could be sick for another week. Just sinus stuff, but still, geez!! Anyways, that's the only bummer about being a stay at home mom... no sick days. Kevin works so hard, I'd have to be puking before I'd ask him to stay home.

Caroline has learned several new things this month...

She can neigh, moo, growl (for bear, lions and tigers) with her "claw" outstretched, and do monkey arms.

She finally responds "Dada" when Kevin asks her "Who's girl are you?" Kevin has been working on this one for months. He's very patient and successful at teaching Caroline skills/tricks.

She shakes her head and says "no." Yes, I knew it was bound to happen. I count myself pretty blessed, that it took her so long to learn that one. It's actually kind of cute because her voice is so soft and sweet.

She can climb down the stairs. She used to need help getting in position, but can now get onto her tummy and back up to the first step on her own. (We go down the stairs on our tummy.)

She can eat apple sauce with her Lil' Dipper spoon.



She learned the sign for book (and says "boo"k) and made up a sign for soap.

She's become a picky eater. Sigh. Things she used to love and cram into her mouth, now sit on her plate. I don't know what to do on this one. I try to pretend that it doesn't bother me in case it's a power struggle issue. Hopefully its just a phase. I'm mainly worried b/c it's protien and calcium products that she won't eat and she needs that stuff.

She does peek-a-boo. I need to video this one b/c its so cute to see her put her hands over her eyes and then throw her arms open and say "boo." One of her story books has a peek-a-boo part and as soon as I pick it up, she starts doing the motions because she knows its coming.

She colors with crayons. I'd been using these special crayon holders, but she likes the big crayons much better.

She can do "Ring around the rosy" and just figured out "falling down" while I was making this video. She started saying "down" when we were playing it yesterday.



She puts her PJs in the laundry basket every morning. And when Kevin comes home from work, she helps him take off his shoes and put his socks in the hamper. I know, it's a little "Leave it to Beaver."

She's figured out how to reach and push buttons on her CD player on the nursery night stand. She's REALLY into music.

She makes munchy sounds when we play feed her teddy bears.

She hugs!! She gives a good squeeze too. It's so wonderful : )

I guess that's all I can think of for now.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I am glad you are back! We missed you.

Anonymous said...

You should crush some vitamins into her apple sauce! ;-)

cristina said...

oooh, makes me think of that book, "deceptively delicious" from what i gathered, jessica (?) seinfeld purees veggies & puts them in stuff (e.g., spinach in brownies). apparently she was on oprah the week we had the "feeding your kids" talk at MOPS.

you gonna make it on friday?

Mom said...

Oh my! I could watch "Ring Around the Rosie" forever! It's the cutest. I can't wait to play that with Caroline in person very soon! You're getting to be such a big girl, Doodlebug!

Glad you're feeling better, Margaret! We really miss your posts on this blog (selfish)!
Love,
Mom

Andrea said...

Wow she's getting so big and doing so much. :)