Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's not just for feet!

I'm always on the lookout for the latest and greatest way to clean hard water stains off of things.  A few years back, I discovered Lime-Away.  It worked pretty good on the water stains on our old shower glass, but I'm sure it causes cancer.

Then, I discovered making a  paste out of powdered Tang (yes the drink mix), and that works great for getting the lime deposits out of the crevices of my kitchen faucet.

I've been struggling with a toilet bowl ring in our only toilet that we haven't replaced in the house.  I've had a bleach cake in the tank for a couple months and it wasn't helping at all.  So, I decided to Google it (my favorite thing).  Did you know pumice stones aren't just for pedicures?

For only $3.20 at Lowe's (on the cleaning product aisle) and a little elbow grease - stain no more.


1 comments:

Carrie S. said...

We use a pumice on our toilets, as well. Works wonders.

Usually the Magic Eraser does a good job on our shower door. We also squeegie after each shower and that helps a lot. It sounds like a pain, but it really only takes a few seconds.