Saturday, April 30, 2011

Company Picnic

We had the annual family picnic with Kevin's company today. It's held each year at the Oil Ranch in Hockley. It was a temperate, yet very windy day.

The girls started out playing in the bounce houses. It's really nice that there are so many activities and they are so spread out, that no activity is crowded. The girls had the place to themselves, except for one other girl about Charlotte's age.



We had popcorn and hotdogs for lunch and sought shelter from the wind behind one of the pavillions. Then it was off to the barn to check out the animals. Caroline milked the cow again this year.



There was a hay maze that the girls went through a few times. It ended with a very steep slide. At one point, we let Caroline go through the entire maze with our the video camera on, so we could see it from her point of view. I decided that since she was holding my camera on the slide, that I should spot her at the bottom. BIG mistake. We ended having a collision between her head and my nose as she came off the bottom of the slide. Thankfully nothing bled, but my nose hurt for a better part of the morning.
Both of the girls got to ride the pony. We spent awhile debating if Charlotte would stay on the horse, so in the end, Kevin asked if he could walk beside her. In that moment, I don't think I'd ever seen anything as cute as Charlotte riding that pony! I was also really proud of Caroline. She'd been so timid about things last year and I love that she's getting braver.







Of course, we had snow cones. Check out my new shorter hair!

And then we rode the train. Both girls had so much fun. We also each had some one on one time with each of the girls. Caroline and I checked out the teepee and played a few holes of putt putt while Charlotte and Kevin took a stroll. Then Kevin and Caroline got in a few holes while Charlotte and I played on the playground.



We finally packed it in around naptime since some dark clouds seemed to be forming. I don't think they got any rain, although we had a few sprinkles on the drive home.

1 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Looks like they had fun!