Thursday, March 10, 2011

Red Letter Day

Today was a red letter day! Caroline completed her Kindergarten box of Hooked on Phonics. We hadn't worked on HOP much in the past few weeks because we've been distracted doing other things. So, we decided to work on it some during Charlotte's nap. I was impressed that she breezed through the last few sets of helper (sight) words (it seems that she already knew them), stories, and books. She got her last four stickers and then the "I DID IT" sticker. She was so excited!


She'd been talking about flowers throughout the day, so I e-mailed daddy a tip and he brought home pink carnations to congratulate her.

I remember looking at the end of the workbook when we started back in August and it seemed so unattainable that she'd be reading all those words by the end. It's been a really wonderful thing to be able to take part in teaching her to read.

We got the 1st grade box out and started looking at it. I can tell she's a little apprehensive about learning the starting phonograms (ch, st, th...). It takes me back to how apprehensive she was about starting to sound out words. Off on another adventure : )

0 comments: