Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spiritual morning

Caroline had a spiritual morning today.

Normally her mealtime prayers go like this...
"Thank you Jesus for this food. Thank you for making good dinners." And then she fills in with one more item such as safe travel for someone or something like that.

But this morning she prayed...
"Thank you heavenly Father for our food, this cereal, our house, and everything You give us. Thank you for answering the prayers that I pray." And there was a little more that I can't remember right now.

I praised her for such a heartfelt prayer. And she said that she prayed good because daddy prays good (which of course, I called and told Kevin right away). She also made a sweet remark about God always taking care of us and that we don't need to be afraid.

So sweet!!

Such a reward for keeping our prayer life in front of her and trying not to pray the same "canned" children's prayers all the time.

Caroline and I have also started our own little prayer group on Wednesdays after BSF when Charlotte goes down for her nap. We are even keeping a prayer journal that I have Caroline draw one prayer request and we each take 3 turns praying. This is when she prays her "just" prayers. As in, "God, I JUST pray that.... " Which now makes me think of the article from Stuff Christians Like .

0 comments: