Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sisters

It's been so interesting to observe my two girls this past month. Caroline has really taken on the big sister roll in so many ways, and Charlotte is very much in the "monkey see, monkey do" phase.

Here is Charlotte pushing Caroline in the baby doll stroller. Sitting in the baby doll stroller isn't generally allowed, but I was amazed that Charlotte could push it so well, and on carpet no less.



One night at dinner, Caroline was telling Kevin a story and was being very dramatic with hand gestures. Charlotte started miming right along, babbling a story to me and moving her hands in the same motions.

Sometimes, I let Caroline play in the van while I tote groceries into the house. In the past, I've just left Charlotte buckled in her seat, but on this day, I let her wander around the van too. Caroline got her all situated as a passenger with a seat belt and everything.
Caroline is such a good helper. When we come home from outings, I often have her help Charlotte take off her shoes. When I was sick a few weeks ago, Caroline figured out how to climb up to get a cup for Charlotte and herself and make their waters for lunch. She even mastered the correct way to put the straw into the lid so it didn't squirt.

1 comments:

Ashley Howard said...

I hope MacKenzie is as good of a big sister!!!