Monday, August 23, 2010

Suction cups and cutting cantelope

Our fun, fine motor activity this week is filling suction cups with a medicine dropper. For this project, we are using an old, infant's Tylenol dropper instead of the Walgreen's Rx dropper. And the suction cups are from a Little People bath toy (but you can also find them on the back of bathmats). Colored water works best and since our suction cups are red, I made a dark blue.

It's been interesting to see that Caroline instinctively counts things when we are doing repetative tasks. I didn't even have to ask her to count as she was doing the rows of drops. And I was really pleased that the longest row got her well into the teens.




I let Caroline help me cut some cantelope with a butter knife at dinner too. I wasn't sure if a butter knife would work as well as it does on watermelon, but she seemed to manage.



0 comments: