Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Morning - Last day

It was our last morning and we had to check out by 10 am, but we squeezed in one last beach time after breakfast.

There was a really nice tide pool since the tide had just started going out, so the kids splish splashed in there for close to an hour before it was time to shower off and head home.

Dad and I took a stroll down the beach looking for Sea Glass. I'd found some earlier in the week, but between Charlotte taking shells out of buckets and the other kids making their collections, I'm not sure wher it ended up. So Dad was on the hunt for me and I joined him. Together, I think we found six pieces. It was really fun finding Sea Glass. I don't think I've ever noticed it on a beach before. We found several clear, a few brown, and even a green piece. All frosted and smoothed by the waves and sand.





We made a quick dash to the cars after we were all loaded and cleaned up because a storm was rolling in. And no sooner had we shut the doors, than the first few drops came down. It poured pretty hard as we drove down the sea wall. It made leaving the beach a little easier to know we couldn't have been out anyway... a little easier.

1 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip!