Monday, November 9, 2009

Fixing my washer


So, on Monday the lid sensor (that tells the washer the lid is closed) broke on my washing machine. It's been finicky for the past 6 months - I'd come downstairs ready to move laundry to the dryer, only to realize that it was stuck on Pause/Cool Down. I'd jimmy the lid and it would finally cycle through. But Monday, it finally went out.

A girl just can't live without her washing machine!! I've learned to do one load a day as part of my mother of two routine, so I couldn't imagine a day of all my laundry just sitting there waiting for the Spin cycle.

So, a little googling later, and I had the washer taken apart. Then we had a trip to the Sears Parts store, and came home and fixed it. I was quite proud of myself!!

For those of you that are thinking, "Wow, that Margaret is pretty brilliant," I'll confess that I bonked my head twice on my new shelf with the laundry soaps on it, and in repositioning the washer and dryer, I tore the dryer exhaust hose and so we had to make a run to Wal-mart so Kevin could redo it.

Maybe in another few weeks, I'll tackle the timer on my dryer that's been broken for who knows how long.



1 comments:

cristina said...

wow. yet, i am not surprised. :)
brilliant i knew, this is "fearless." way to go!