Saturday, August 15, 2009

The early bird gets the worm!!!

This is what I do for fun at midnight on a Friday night.
(seven boxes of cereal, 11 rice/pasta side dishes, 5 salad dressings, 2 waffles, 2 ragu, some toiletries, sweet snacks, pizza, and more)


I shopped the price busters at Kroger. You see, this Saturday is major double coupon day... coupons up to $1.00!! I've learned that the best coupon deals can result in empty shelves, so I stayed up late and headed out before midnight to be first in line at the checkout. Kroger was full of other moms with the same idea. Each of us with our list, piles of coupons, coupon binders, and coupons divided out into multiple transactions. So, I ended up being 20th in line at check-out, waiting for the Kroger computers to finally catch on that it was Saturday around 12:40 am. I didn't check-out until close to 1:20 am. And now I'm home.

I spent a total of $39.10. But I have a $10 rebate to send in, so my actual out of pocket should end up at $29.10.

That's right folks!! I had $70.20 in coupons (after all the doubling) on my receipt.

Total retail value of my purchases before coupons and Kroger card savings was $148.54.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, goodness! I'm so sorry you had to wait so long!!!! Worth it though, huh? I feel like going back with more coupons right now! But, I hear the shelves are empty of all the freebies! Great savings and fun to share it with you!!!!

Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so impressed with you. What savings! Great job, Pumpkin:)

P.S. I love your blog and check it several times a day. It's better than reading the paper or magazines:)

Michelle said...

That's dedication. It would take a lot to get me to give up sleeping time like that.

Nalley Family said...

I am so impressed!! Way to go!