Sunday, August 3, 2008

Six Years!!

Today, we celebrated our sixth anniversary!

Granny came to babysit and we spent Saturday night at the Marriot Houston Westchase. We got a neat package deal that included Steak & Lobster dinner and breakfast for two. It was great.

Then we spent this afternoon taking Caroline to see The Wiggles (blog for that tomorrow). We wonder if we'd ever have imagined spending our sixth anniversary at a children's concert when we got married. Or if we even knew who The Wiggles were when we got married. It was a blast though.

And in honor of our anniversary, Caroline has an announcement to make....

Yes, we are on our way to becoming a family of FOUR!! I'm 11 weeks along and that makes us due February 28th. I'm so glad it's not a leap year ; ) We go for our 12 week ultrasound on Tuesday, so I should have pictures to share soon.

We feel so blessed to be having this baby. It took a year and a half to conceive the first time around (with the help of Chlomid), and we are still in shock that baby number two happened on our first try and with only the Lord's help.

I have lots more to update you all on, but for now, I'm going to leave this post with our praises for six great years of marriage, a wonderful, healthy daughter, and another baby on the way. God is good... all the time!!

13 comments:

Frank said...

wow - congratulations just totally doesn't seem to say it, but what an amazing weekend! Yes, God is definitely good. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! 1. Happy Anniversary! 2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting, Margaret! Maybe you'll have #2 on your birthday! ;-)

I am glad you guys had an "easier" time the 2nd time around. I have heard that once you have one child, it's easier to have more - but not sure how scientifically true it is! Congrats again!

Marianne said...

Whoo! I am glad you got to enjoy your anniversary with your hubby. Congrats on six years and baby #2.

Erica said...

Wow! Double congratulations are in order - six years and baby #2! Praise God for these great blessings!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! and i am so happy to hear the news of the new baby! Huge congratulations to all 4 of you! Big hugs!

cristina said...

yay! CONGRATULATIONS! and you look fabulous in that dress. :) hot mamma! :)

i'm praying for a wonderful pregnancy!

Lisa H. said...

Congratulations y'all! That is such great news! :)

Sarah said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your pregnancy is easy and awesome!!! I am so happy for you! Wow, our kids will be about the same ages apart! Will you find out the sex?

g the therapist said...

Congratulations - I am so excited for y'all! Blessings over you and your GROWING family :)

mindy said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!

Kristin Barnett said...

That's so AWESOME!! I'm thrilled that you guys have another precious little one on the way! You're such a great mom - you children are blessed to have you in their lives.

By the way - thanks for the tip on dream-feeds. I tried it with Allison a couple of times now, and it works! Praise the Lord! I'll take any tips you have that involve me ending up with more sleep! ;)

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Shannon said...

So I am way behind! Forgive me for not knowing and commenting until today about baby #2!!! Congratulations, dear Margaret (and Kevin and Caroline). We are so very happy for you both and cannot wait to hear the updates.

Andrea said...

Oh I'm SO SO excited for you guys! Big congrats! :D I was praying that your "trying" journey would be much shorter this time. I wish I could be PG w/ you again, but w/ Tim out of a job (again), it's just not a good time. :(