Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Reading

Caroline and I are participating in two summer reading programs. Both programs count the child reading or BEING READ TO.

One is through the Harris County Public Library. We are counting the books we've read (you can also count pages or minutes). I haven't turned in our first log yet so I'm not sure exactly how many books we have to read to get a prize. But our librarian at Cy-Fair told me that they were getting toddler appropriate books for our baby story time group.

The other one, I found out about on Money Saving Mom. It is with Half Price Books. If you read 15 minutes a day for 5 days, you turn in your log for a $3 gift card. I might save all our cards up and buy Caroline's birthday books. But, they also have lots of books for under $3, so you could get a new book each week.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

We just signed up today at the library, too. At our library, the kids have to read 10 books, but we'll log more, of course, especially since little kid books are so short. Fun!