Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kevin's new toy

A new "toy" for Kevin arrived today via UPS. He got the Line 6 PODXT Live Pedal. From what I understand, it is the Swiss Army knife of guitar effects pedals... we are talking the mega knife with like 100 functions. Anyway, Kevin has been tracking the delivery online, so I e-mailed him today when it arrived at our front door. Our e-mail exchange was pretty amusing...

Me:
Your pedal thing DID come : )

Kevin:
I know! How exciting! Have you opened it up and tried it out? (I did tell you that he was tracking it online, right?)

Me:
Yes, Caroline and I jammed on it for quite a while. It's got some really neat effects, dude. I love the rugged steal construction and how you can call up a fully customized guitar, amp, or effects setup all by stepping on a single footswitch. It puts the power of the POD at your feet. (I got most of this stuff from the E-bay listing. I'm pretty proud of myself.)

Of course not, I don't want to take away your excitement to open it : )

Kevin:
Okay, that is the funniest email I have ever gotten from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally LOLed at your response!!!

Debra said...

ROFL...I still tease Kevin occasionally about something he told me when the semester he lived at home his sophomore year. He was explaining something about his electric guitar, which was completely over my head, and he said "there's a line-in jack in the back of my amp". I looked at him blankly, had him repeat it slowly, then started singing it to a little tune, which is why I've never forgotten it. He has always just rolled his eyes when I sing it!